Saturday, April 17, 2010

Well Hello Again Everyone!

Wow. Where do I even begin after over a month of quietude?? I have been a busy, busy bee over here, and it has been good for me. I honestly didn't mean to neglect my little blog, and the continued response to it makes me realize how important it is to keep it up. So hi... sorry I have been missing in action. I am back now and will hopefully budget my time a bit better so I can make more regular posts again.

School started for me at the very end of March, and it has been a roller-coaster of a ride. I graduated college back in 2003, so going back after all these years has been a challenge; I never thought I would do it. My three classes have been pretty intense. Two of them focus primarily on drawing, and one of my undergraduate degree majors was studio art. I thought that I would have an advantage because of this, and I kind of do; the hardest part for me has been time management like I said. When I lived in LA before I had my friends and my job and my love. Now I have no love, but school instead, which requires quite a bit of focused time to do the projects and readings. I am spending the money to go back to school, so of course I want to succeed. I handed in my first project last week and got a B+. Not good enough yet for me, so I am happy I have the opportunity to resubmit it again for a better grade.

My job is still going very well, and I really like it. Celebrity sighting are common, like I predicted. We have had Rihanna come in a few times, as well as Neo, Too Short, a bunch of American Idol contestants, and Jamie Foxx. It is very interesting to watch these people get drunk and make tits of themselves. I get a pretty good workout dancing around in the booth to the music while I do my job. Yay.

So what's new with my ex you may ask?
Hmm... a riveting question. I had until very recently still not heard a thing from her. She never sent me that promised email. I was annoyed. So my best friend and I were hanging out and doing work online (which also means we keep our chats and facebook active) about a week and a half ago. It just so happened that my birthday was the next day. I was of course wondering if I would hear from my ex. Anyway, my friend posted an update on facebook that made it pretty clear we were hanging out together. Apparently my ex tried to chat me, but I was not in front of my computer at the time. So she messaged my friend who confirmed we were in the same place. My ex asked her to ask me if I would chat with her. I said yes...

So my patience paid off. We proceeded to catch up for about an hour. I mainly filled her in on all of the great things going on in my life. She said she was elated for me, and crying happy tears about my fortunate circumstances. She told me a few things that were going on in her life, but none of it was very stellar. This could be why she got in touch again, I have always been a pretty good support system. I asked her why she decided to break her silence, and she mentioned that she couldn't take it anymore and that she wanted to be in contact again, and asked if we could audio chat the next day, my birthday. She said it was OK if I didn't want to, but it would mean a lot to her, so of course I said yes. I am still a sucker for her accent and a romantic at heart. And yes, I do still love her. Blah. We set a time to Skype the next day.

We began the chat at the pre-discussed time. We were both pretty excited to hear the other. She cried. She said happy birthday. We filled the other in about family and friend stuff. Neither of us made any mention of the breakup or "F". About a half hour in, I decided I wanted to see her face. It was my birthday after all, so I requested to see her via video chat. She was a little taken aback but seemed eager, which was what I wanted. It was morning for her, so she said she needed a few minutes to look presentable, and I took those minutes to fix myself as well. We turned on the cameras... and stared, and laughed, and cried. Yep, I cried too. It was really good to see her. I was almost able to forget the pain she has caused me... almost. I did bring up the whole internet de-friending incident, and just asked why she did it, and why it seemed to be a "team effort" (not naming "F", but clearly implying). She took a moment and said that it was hard for her to see me happy and she just needed to remove me for her own mental health (I was tempted to mention you can block someone without removing them and causing insult, but I held back). She said she was only responsible for her own actions and there was no discussion or plan with anyone else to act together. So whatever, all in all the session went pretty well. I also got her to sing happy birthday to me (if you have been following this blog, you will know my ex is a front woman in a signed rock band), which was cool.

Since then, she has chatted with me online a bunch of times. The one thing that bothers me about this is that I never know when she is online (she stays "invisible" so fans don't bother her while she is working on the internet) so it is on her terms. She kept telling me how joyous she was to be in touch again and that she has been in the best mood since we talked. She also said again that she missed me. I told her I was happy too that we talked, but I told myself that inside there were still things nagging me. Nothing has been addressed.

Another point worth mentioning is that her best friend was just in the states and came through LA twice during the past month for stopovers. I have always liked this girl and we made plans to connect while she was here. She even stayed with me on her way back home for a night. While she was here, I made no mention of my ex, keeping my relationship and my friendship with this girl completely separate. She even tried to bring my ex up a few times but I changed the subject immediately. I was proud of myself for this, and the friend took note and said it was cool that I wasn't mentioning anything or questioning her. Later that night we went to a bar with some friends before I returned her to the airport. Once she had a few beers she started telling me stuff - like how I was the one that kept my ex up thinking late at night, that she really wanted a friendship again with me, that "F" was nothing, and that I was one of the most incredible people that my ex had ever met, etc. And then she asked me if I wanted to know the truth about my ex and "F". I said no. I am so sick and tired about hearing what she is doing from my sources there, and what she is not doing from this friend of hers. It is my ex's responsibility, honestly, to tell me what is going on, and I conveyed that message to her friend to bring back with her.

So in summation, after about three months of using all the strength within me to avoid contact with my ex and respect her request for space, it turned out OK. We are sort of in contact again, nothing serious though. The more I sit with it however, the less sure I am that it's even a good idea to be talking to her now. Like I said, nothing has been discussed and that bothers me. I feel it is her duty to bring it up since she dumped and hurt me. I also don't like that I am back to thinking abut her daily and wondering if she will be online and seek me out. I don't want to regress, I am doing so well. I am entertaining the thought of letting her know the next time she chats me that I would like her to complete and send me that email she supposedly began a month and a half ago now. I don't need a beautifully written email - but I am interested in what she was going to say. I don't think that just because she reached out on my birthday she should be excused from explaining herself. I think she owes me that email, and I want her to send it so I can read it and then decide if talking to her and being friends with her is the best thing for me. I need to take the power back and have the ball in my court again. She has already put me through too much and I won't let her do any more damage right now. I hope I have the fortitude to say that when the time comes.

18 comments:

  1. Good for you, you sound so strong and focused right now it's BEAUTIFUl TO SEE! You have the right idea and I hope you continue to be strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, WELCOME BACK! I was wondering if you were ever going to come back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know you, but I just felt very much identified with your last text. So thanks!

    I hope you keep strong and know what you need at all times. Sometimes it's so hard not to be there when she calls...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh God, I would HAVE to know about F, especially if someone offered up the gossip. You are strong. Your blog is very entertaining. (Is that innappropriate to say about a breakup blog. Perhaps a better word would be...... insightful or something. Meh..) I just spent an hour longer at work just to read it. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. the first thing that struck me about your blog is that you used the exact same template and color scheme i first used :P

    but wow. i am following your blog now, and i really hope to hear from you again soon. your writing "voice" can be a bit dry but i like your content. keep up the good work with your ex situation, i know how that is.

    XO
    Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Dr,

    So I have been reading through your blog and I can relate to both ends of your situation. Yours and your ex's.
    First the Dumpee part. I was with my FIRST for 6 years and then "poof" it was over. Why? She wasn't sure she was a lesbian. I was devistated. We still remained in contact with each other, she was my best friend. I wanted to hang on to any little thing I could hold on to. This destoyed me. She dated guys and I was there to see her go through it, even went as far as dating a guy myself to be able to go out on a double date with her. Pathetic, I know. Long story short....her insensitivity and the fact she totally took me for granted got old very quick. I ended up resenting her and it just got ugly. It took me three years to get over her and I mean really over her, because as the dumpee you go through the multiple phases of "Oh yeah,,,I'm soooo over my ex" but then you hear a song or see her or hear about her and you know you were just putting up a front. So....after a certain incident I KNEW I was done. Kind of a Blah Feeling but I knew that I never wanted to be with her again. "Poof" I was done.
    Although now when I talk to my ex (which is very rare and not that often, but once in a blue moon)it's interesting to see where life has taken her and I realize that things definitely happen for a reason.
    Sorry if this is like BAM...words thrown up on this blog post...
    I'll have to get to me being on the other side of the Dumper part of this some other time, but either way it BLOWS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read this whole blog and am wishing I had found it 6 months ago when i went through a break up. Hang in there! You have got through the worst of it and its only uphill from here. I think this blog is a fantastic idea, your never alone with heartbreak and its great to know theres others going through the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog but I do feel your ex is a jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came across your blog and wow, I can feel both sides of this, well, mostly your side. Read your whole story! It's so comforting to know others have gone through this. I broke up with my girlfriend a year ago...she was my first. It's been a year of mostly sadness, but I'm trying to look toward the future. We were together for about a year and a half. I do have good friends around the country that have been a good support system but I don't feel like I have a support system where I live. My friends I think were done talking about it immediately after in happened, which sucks, because I guess I'm just on a different timeline and it takes me a long time to process everything.

    I am the one who did the breaking up which makes things even more confusing for me...I still wonder what made me go through with it but I have to follow what my heart was saying at the time. I mostly think I was very very scared to take the relationship to the next level, and I am very inexperienced with relationships. We had a wonderful relationship and I remember all the good things. It has been extremely difficult to move on and I think one of the reasons is we tried to stay friends for several months after and it was difficult for me. I was so sad all the time. I loved her and I will always love her. She will always be in my heart. She has a new girlfriend who I think she met a few months after our breakup. Deep down I want so much for her to be happy, although it does hurt that she is with someone new. I believe she is happy. I de-friended her on Facebook too, which took me 8 months, and I cried my eyes out when I did it and still cry about it sometimes, but it is better for me right now. I hope she knows why I did it. It was so hard for me to see pictures and posts of her with the new girlfriend. I am in therapy which I'm actually going to cut down on because I've been feeling better, focusing on my career and beginning to feel okay about being on my own. I would love to talk to her again one day but I'm not sure she wants to talk to me, especially now that she's with someone new.

    It's a journey. One that I had no idea about or what it felt like. It's so sad and I guess I will learn things from it. I don't know what those things are...perhaps down the road I will have learned something.

    I think the hardest part is that I can't imagine being intimate with someone else. I still think about her every day. She was so beautiful.

    You are right about time. It does help a little.

    I know you have not posted since April but I would love to hear how you are doing! It may give the rest of us hope that things really do get better.

    I know I'm leaving out lots of parts of my story, but I just wanted to let you know that I can relate to a lot of what you went through. I hope you are doing well on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, I just discovered your blog and it was amazing to see how you progressed through your breakup. You seem to be in a really good place right now, and although I don't know you, I am happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My ex broke up with me over the holidays. She was my first. We were together for 2 ½ years and she was my best friend. I just recent found out that she started dating another girl immediately after she broke up with me. I was just gutted. Looking back, I think their relationship started developing while we were still together. I felt so deceived. I mean, there I was thinking that we were going to get married… and I’ve shaped over 2 years of my life working for that goal… but really, I was getting screwed over behind my back. How could my best friend do that to me?

    It’s been a month now since the breakup and it’s been a week since my ex and I last spoke. I think I’m doing better, but I still can’t shake off that sick feeling of betrayal. I have this hope that one day she’ll realize how much she messed up and apologize to me, but I know it’s a long shot. In the meantime, I’m just taking it one day at a time. I’m still hurting, but at least I’m still standing.

    Please update soon. Your blog has really helped my recovery process. I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like it because i was seeking for such type of info.

    I hope it benefits all one who land up here.

    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE THIS BLOG! My ex of almost two years broke up With me 7 months ago. I was straight before I met her, she had been out for years! She proposed to me in a beautiful island a year later with a huge beautiful rock! We lived together and I was in heaven! Life was great except I had not come out at all except to a few friends. I was going thru a lot but I loved her with all my heart and I just needed time to come out. She couldn't understand this and broke up with me 6 months later. Here I am, 7 months later and the pain is just as bad as that first day when I moved out. Initially we stayed friends but that didn't work out too well. We argued a lot over txt mainly from my bitterness. Every time I took two steps ahead with my healing, something would happen, like see pics of her looking great n having fun with other women and that would throw me into q deeper depression. I have begged and pleaded and basically lost my self worth trying to get her back. I am five years older at 31, have a couple degrees and when she met me, I was an independent chic, avid runner, hip, fun, great paying cooperate job, had a great life! Now I hardly leave my room except to work and back, I don't work out at all, I feel like crappy n look like it! Two weeks Ago I finally decided to get my life back and even tho I haven't made much progress, I am proud to say that I have maintained no contact, even tho she has txtd me twice. I plan on taking it a day at a time and I can't wait to be back to the fabulous chic I am and better. Coming across this blog has given me so much strength! Thank you, thank you and I hope all is well with you. Hope to hear more from you!
    Namaste!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really appreciate this blog post as I am twelve weeks and three days into the worst breakup I have ever been through. Needless to say I have my responsibility in it but am realizing more and more how both of us did not address or work through things that needed to be addressed. I also am beginning to "let go" of the fantasy that we'll talk and magically understand all that needs to be shared and get back together. I suspect she is dating and it is seriously killing me. My heart has been broken and every time I think it's darkest it seems to get darker. She has been out for 20 years, I am just coming out of both a marriage and the closet. And I'm almost sixty days into sobriety. I need to put her and these feelings on the shelf and it is none of my business what she's doing...but it cuts to the quick...I know those reading this understand. The pain is indescribable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It seems an old blog but comments are still going on. I am only few days of break up. She was my first . We were together nearly a year. 2 till 3 days after the break up was great because I don't really cry more than 5 minutes but when it comes to weekend, I cried the whole day. I was google-ing for "lesbian how to become friend after break up" so I got into this blog. I really hope and wish to be friend, very close friend indeed with her. I have even told her before that if we were friend, we will be best friend. I told her how much I wanted to be her friend badly. But, the truth is, I m afraid of losing her. Everyday I log into facebook to check on her. I hate myself doing all this. I hate myself crying about her. I tried to go out but I am so lazy to.

    From what I have read in this blog, I found out it is rare that people can get over in a short period. There is always two choices, being positive or negative. I take positive but somehow I feel like I m cheating myself. Still, it is better than being negative.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Website :- ://www.ravikantshastri.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Am writing this article to thank Doctor Ehimen for the wondrous miracle that he did for me because he helped me recently to bring back my lovely husband that left me for his EX girlfriend for no reason for 4 years. Am Renea Holman From Belgium. After enough searching and surfing on the internet, I came across a post made by Valeria Diego from Mexico referring of how she was helped by Doctor Ehimen the spell caster. I also decided to contact the spell caster called Doctor Ehimen for help because i was desperate and i needed to get back my lovely Husband and happiness. I followed all his instructions and he promised and guaranteed me that my husband will get back to me within 12 to 16 hours after he has finished with the preparation of the spell. I hid to his words and am happy and i can proudly say today that i have my husband back with the help of Doctor Ehimen. Viewers reading my post that needs help can get in touch with him via Email: Doctorehimenspelltemple@hotmail.com, Doctorehimenspelltemple@gmail.com OR Website: http://www.doctorokpamenspells.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. My heart was filled with remorse and pain for the past 7 months when my husband ended our marriage and went to his EX lover because i was not able to give him a son. I was so devastated and almost committed suicide because of the love and affection i had for my husband. I searched and asked everyone i knew for help but all my efforts were useless not until i was refereed to Doctor Casera by Oliver who i met online that he could be of help to my marriage for he has helped her before. I got in touch with the Doctor and i poured out everything i had in mind to him and he encouraged me and promised to make me smile and make me live a better life by getting my husband back with his powers between just 24 hours. I believed in him and to my very eyes, my husband came on his knees pleading for forgiveness to come back and rectify his mistakes and today we are living with so much Joy and happiness. If anyone out there needs help of any-kind, get in touch with the Doctor now for he will help you out.. E-mail: relationshipsolutionhome@hotmail.com OR call/text: +1 (518) 460-6400.

    ReplyDelete