Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring Ahead

I am writing this post from the airport. I wanted to get one more in from this side of the country. We moved the clocks forward last night, losing an hour of sleep but signaling the beginning of Daylight Savings Time, and soon, Spring. I find it serendipitous that this event has occurred and coincided with my departure back to LA. I too am about to "spring ahead", without certainty of what will happen, but with excitement for a new chance at growth. This is my chance to really show myself and everyone else that this break up has not gotten the best of me, and that my greatest days are yet to come.

I feel lucky that I did not let my depression beat me. I have heard way too many stories of people that felt the way I did and just couldn't go on any longer. I felt for awhile that I didn't want to either. It was a scary time, and super frustrating. Yet I have been able to realize that I do have potential and strength within, probably more so than I ever thought. Through this experience, it has been allowed to manifest itself more than it ever has before in my life. My determination is still gaining momentum, and I am very much looking forward to relaying whatever is to come.

Spring signifies rebirth, rejuvenation, and new emergences. I am happily embracing these themes as ones of my personal journey as well. It's true right now; anything is possible. I have a clean slate to work with and I really can do anything I put my mind to. I have been motivated before, but this case is different in that I am finally mature enough to know that good happenings and opportunities will not just fall into my lap - I have to go and find them and make them work for me. I am ready to tackle this next step in my life. I believe that it has all played out this way for a reason, and I am going take from it all that it is worth.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found your strength, we all find it eventually during break-ups. Break-ups either make you or literally break you and I'm glad it didn't get the better of you. All the best in the left coast and I hope you keep writing because I enjoy reading your blog. I'm sure it's helping people currently going through one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been quite a struggle for sure. The turning point for me was just getting fed up with how much of my time I was wasting with worrying about what my ex was really doing. I don't want to waste any more time.

    I absolutely intend to keep writing. My journey has just begun, and documenting it helps me as much as anyone else who may benefit. I still have a lot more to say. Thanks for coming back and reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my turning point was me getting fed up with feeling so DEPRESSED AND SAD! Mainly because I was thinking about my ex and our LONG relationship and it was definitely a waste of time.

    Journaling definitely helped me out too so I'm glad it helps you as much as it helps everyone else. I'll be looking out for new posts, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I realize that these blogs are from a bit of years ago. But I am currently going through a break up with my gf of 3 years. I'm just curious as to where you are now. I have been reading you. Posts for the past week and I have cried and smiled along the way
    . I am so thankful to have found these. They have helped so much

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart was filled with remorse and pain for the past 7 months when my husband ended our marriage and went to his EX lover because i was not able to give him a son. I was so devastated and almost committed suicide because of the love and affection i had for my husband. I searched and asked everyone i knew for help but all my efforts were useless not until i was refereed to Doctor Casera by Oliver who i met online that he could be of help to my marriage for he has helped her before. I got in touch with the Doctor and i poured out everything i had in mind to him and he encouraged me and promised to make me smile and make me live a better life by getting my husband back with his powers between just 24 hours. I believed in him and to my very eyes, my husband came on his knees pleading for forgiveness to come back and rectify his mistakes and today we are living with so much Joy and happiness. If anyone out there needs help of any-kind, get in touch with the Doctor now for he will help you out.. E-mail: relationshipsolutionhome@hotmail.com OR call/text: +1 (518) 460-6400.

    ReplyDelete