Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Passive Aggressive Social Networking

OK, so I was a little passive aggressive yesterday in my social networking. Weakness happens. The result was my ex deciding to no longer follow me on twitter. That made me sad. I hadn't written anything horrible, just a comment that was directed at no one in particular, along the lines of "making sure people around you did not only view you as a conquest". It could have applied to my life - in fact, I would like it to. Apparently my ex took it personally. Or it could have been just hard for her to read. Maybe she thought about it too much or saw it as an attack. Either way, I was unhappy about the result. Is it wrong to post one's feelings? I know it makes it difficult, but my ex has already cut off other communications from me, why that too? Twitter is harmless, and I thought she might care to check in on me every now and then to see how or what I am doing. My friends tell me it's probably a healthy thing, and I can agree with that to an extent, but it was still disappointing.

Then there's more. So I have been reading a philosophical novel for the past few weeks. Amongst the ideals in said novel are how selfishness doesn't lead to happiness and how anything that begins impurely amounts to nothing, stuff like that, so my Facebook posts have reflected these types of thoughts. They are really concepts I agree with wholeheartedly, as my resolution for New Year's this year was to be true to myself and to others. Yes, fine, I guess they could apply to my angst about the possible situation of "F" taking my ex from me. Either way, the concepts reflect my life musings as of late. Yesterday "F" posted something about how Facebook status slander was immature and any questions should be asked to those involved in a situation directly. I took this to mean that she was feeling some type of guilt/annoyance from my posts. She posted it shortly after I had put up a new one of mine. Not my problem. I don't have any questions for her, and all of my posts have had a universal meaning to my life and for others to consider. I pressed the "like" button to her post. Ha.

Maybe "F" is on to the fact I know something. Maybe she is paranoid. She will get no satisfaction from me either way. I will continue to post my new learned ideals on occasion. She can go ahead and "de-friend" me if she wishes, I personally think I owe her no more respect than what she has shown to me. I wonder if she is whining about it to my ex. Her insecurities and guilt are hers to carry. Although my ex has stopped following me on twitter, she has not de-friended me on Facebook yet (isn't it lame how this really affects people? I apologize for the lameness, but I can't help it right now). Maybe that will be the next step. Maybe she will email me the truth at some point. Maybe nothing will change. I am not trying to hurt my ex at all, but I do think "F" needs to sit with herself and think about her actions and how the universe will pay her back someday. I am sure that it will.

Anyway, take this as a lesson of what is probably not smart to do after a break up. Temptations to lash out are constant, especially when you think you may be being viewed as the fool. I don't have the urge to lash out at my ex, just "F" because she is so arrogant and smug about everything. I suppose for me to truly let go I need to make sure her crappy character isn't a focus for me anymore. I need to let the universe do its job. I just get impatient.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Wtf was going on last night? I couldn't sleep either, maybe it was the moon, or some other planet influencing the energy around us... After a full day of studying and work, I got home and was so tired, I laid down to sleep and my heart was racing as if I was having a panic attack! very strange! I then started to think if I was sad or if that had anything to do with my ex. But I realized it didn't, I did kiss her pic good night and I did include her in my prayers but just regular every night stuff, I wasn't any sadder than I have been, and I wasn't bothered by anything else... So I called my best friend and he stayed on the phone with me until I felt good to go to bed... But it was super late so today has been a very tired day, needless to say... Work has been longer than ever, but it's ok the Lakers are playing this evening so I have something to look forward to. :)
    I still miss her and it seems like it has been so long since I last heard her voice but its only been 3 days... I guess I miss her voice in a different way, and that yeah! it has been a looong time...
    Anyway, I won't talk about her so much, I left it all to whatever higher power we have up there to decide what is good or bad... She is a good girl, and so am I, I love her dearly but I want to be happy and that will never happen if i force a relationship with anybody...
    But anyways, I hope you feel better, and you seem like a great person don't let this "F" girl or even you ex make you feel any different. You went around the world to be with her, you left your life and yourself behind to be with her, it doesn't matter if she is or if she isn't with "F", it matters that she is not with you!!! and guess who missed out? Not you!!! you can at least lay your head on the pillow and know you gave 100%, few people would do that! I'm from a different country as well, I visit my family once or twice a year, but my ex never came with me, she was always afraid of the language barrier... I never blamed her for it, it is scary, everyone is different... but it did bother me to some extend. I wanted to show her my family... but I guess too late now...
    It's ok life takes turns and people come and go, I may never forget her but at one point it will only be memories...
    have a wonderful evening...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all of your kind words. I miss my ex dearly as well; it has been about a month since I heard her voice and I miss it so much. Despite all that has happened, the love that we had was great and important to me while we were both in it. I have no regrets and wouldn't do it differently if given the chance again. Letting go is hard because of how I held our love so close to my heart, but hanging on won't let it grow or do whatever it needs to do either. I try now to find the occasional moments of strength and hang onto them. I think it's really going to be the only way to grow from this. Glad to see you having your own revelations as well. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two years in marriage with my Husband with a kid, my husband started going out with other ladies and showed me cold love, on several occasions he threatens to divorce me if I dare question him about his affair with other women, I was totally devastated and confused until a friend told me about a spell caster who help people with their relationship and marriage problem by the powers of love spells, at first I doubted if such thing ever exists but decided to give it a try, when I contact Dr Mack and told him my problem, he helped me cast a love spell and after 24hours my husband came back to me and started apologizing and ever since the spell cast, he has stopped going out with ladies and he is with me for good and for real. Contact this great spell caster for your relationship or marriage problem at Dr_mack@yahoo.com :))))

    ReplyDelete